The Bank of Prairie Village’s charter was granted on February 27, 1931 during the depths of the Great Depression. For decades, the bank thrived exclusively in the small rural Kansas community of Hartford. In 2003 the Bank of Prairie Village opened its current location with the construction of a beautiful two-story brick office building in the heart of the Prairie Village Financial District. The Bank of Prairie Village is the only FDIC insured bank that is chartered and headquartered in the Prairie Village community.
Along with the Prairie Village Library, City Hall, Police Headquarters, Shawnee Mission East High School, two middle schools, numerous churches, two Catholic parishes, one synagogue, one private Christian high school, several noted professionals in the accounting, dental, jewelry, insurance, legal and medical fields, art galleries, and three well-known community shopping centers that include some of Kansas City’s finest shopping and dining establishments, the Bank of Prairie Village has become a community landmark.
It means that:
- Bank Officers are always available in the Bank lobby.
- Staff turnover is low.
- Most employees live within a stone’s throw of the bank.
- Lending decisions are made with an understanding of the local business culture and expectations.
- Your dollars stay local and support the residents, businesses, schools, and organizations within our community.
- You are served by a banking staff of associates and officers comprised of your neighbors and friends in an open and accessible manner.
- Your calls are answered by someone who works within the bank and who is a part of the Bank’s service and decision making culture.
- Questions and balance inquires are handled quickly, friendly, and decisively.
- The more you know about us, the more you will like us.
- An educated banking consumer is our best client.
- The only bank, that we know of, in the world with Cigar Safe Deposit Boxes!
- Monthly letters from the chairman of his life lessons and experiences of small town/one location banking and business.
It means a solid safe bank. A place you can trust with your financial needs.
Serving the Prairie Village community is what the Bank of Prairie Village is all about!