Switching your Checking Account:
Complete these four easy steps to switch your bank account to Bank of Prairie Village.
- Open a Bank of Prairie Village checking account.
Switch your Direct Deposits and Automatic Payments.
- Come in to the bank, and we will assist you.
- To speed up the process, fill out the New Personal Account Form before you come in. (For business accounts, fill out the New Business Account Form)
- Order Checks, apply for a Debit Card, and sign up for Online Banking – all for free!
Close your previous checking account.
- Use our Direct Deposit Memo to change your automatic deposits to your new Bank of Prairie Village account. (Make sure to attach a voided check to this form)
- Use our Direct Debit Memo to change your automatic payments (on- and off-line). Make sure to send the memo to each payee.
- Note: If changing Social Security Direct Deposit please click the following link: Social Security Direct.
Enjoy working with the Bank of Prairie Village!
- Make sure to leave enough funds in the account for outstanding checks and upcoming payments to clear.
- Write a check to yourself and deposit it in your Bank of Prairie Village account.
- Send your old bank a signed copy of our Account Closing Memo.